Wednesday 6 February 2013

How to Remove Glitter/Sparkle Nail Polish

As you know, I am in love with glitter/sparkle polish, but I hate how long it takes to remove it. If this sounds like you too, I have a awesome method to show you on how to remove sparkle/glitter polish quickly! So say goodbye to 30 minutes of trying to pry off polish and hello to the foil method!

Supplies you will need:

  1. Nail Polish Remover - Any kind will do the trick.
  2. Cotton pads, cotton balls, or toilet paper - I use make-up remover cotton pads.
  3. Aluminum Foil
Step 1: Have Icky Glitter Nails
I don't normally let my nails get this peeled and gross, but I spent that day cleaning and this is what happens when you scrub the bathroom without gloves.

Step 2: Sopping Amounts of remover
Take one of the cotton pads and soak it in nail polish remover until it is sopping wet and drippy, then fold it and place it on top of your nail.
  
Step 3: Foil Finger
Then take a piece of the aluminum foil and wrap it around the nail with the soaked cotton pad and twist tightly at the end.
Step 4: Foil Claws
Repeat steps 2 and 3 on all of your other nails and wait 5-10 minutes before you remove the foil and cotton pad. When I remove the foil I like to twist the foil around my nail a couple of times, it gets rid of the last bits of glitter what seem to embed itself in your nail.
 
Voila, icky chipped glitter/sparkle nails to naked nails in less than 15 minutes!!!!

Thank-you for reading!

-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment