Sunday 27 January 2013

Birthday Cupcake Nails

I was looking through my cell phone and found a picture of my birthday nails last year, so I figured I would share them with you. I got the inspiration for these nails from here.

 
The light blue/green base nail polish was L.A. Girl Color Addict's Delirious. My mom bought this polish for me awhile ago and she got them on sale 2 for $5.00; I'm not sure where she purchased it from. As for the cupcake I first painted on the dark pink part of the cupcake with acrylic paint and a nail brush, I then took a larger nail brush and painted on the white (acrylic paint) to create the frosting. After it was completely dry I used a line brush and light pink acrylic paint to do the lines on the wrapper. The cherry was done with a dotting tool and red nail polish (any type of red polish will do). Lastly, I added little pearls to make the sprinkles, I made them stick to the nail by dabbing a dotting tool in top coat and then putting dabs of the top coat on the nail and then adding the pearls. Always make sure you finish it off with a top coat for protection. 
I got a lot of compliments on this mani, and it is definitively in my top 5 favourites. 
Thank-you for reading!
- Kristen

1 comment: