Sunday 27 January 2013

Sparkle Layering (Electric Heaven and Snow-man of my Dreams)

Lately I have been addicted to layering different nail polishes, and since I have a lot of sparkle (all different sizes of glitter) nail polish I tend to layer sparkles over sparkles.

 Nicole by OPI Snow-man of my Dreams
 Nicole by OPI Snow-man of my Dreams
 The first layer of my sparkle mash-up was two coats of Nicole by OPI's Snow-man of my Dreams. It was part of their holiday collection last year and the polish is loaded with silver, blue, pink, orange, yellow, and green sparkles in a clear base. The interesting thing about this polish is that the blue sparkles dominate the polish almost making it look like it is in a blue base not clear.  I love the brushes used in the Nicole by OPI they are shorter than other polish brushes, but that seems to make them very easy to use. I bought this polish at Wal-mart for $8.00.

Vernique Classique Electric Heaven over Snow-man of my Dreams
 Vernique Classique Electric Heaven over Snow-man of my Dreams
The second layer of my sparkle mash-up was a two layers of Vernis Classique by Charimoya called Electric Heaven. This is my only nail polish by this brand and I LOVE IT!! I use it all the time over old manicures when they start to look Blah; this top coat really revives it. Anyways, it is loaded with small pink champagne glitter, large hexagon champagne glitter and pink champagne glitter stars, all in a clear base. If fairies were real, they would wear this polish. The only issue I have with this polish is the smell of it, it is very strong and chemically. I purchased this polish on ebay, it came in a dual pack with another polish (I gave the other polish to my niece) for $12 with S&H.  

I really wish I had a better camera, because it is hard to catch the extent of the glitter sparkliness of these polishes together on my crappy Fugifilm digital camera.

Thank-you for reading!!

- Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment