Sunday 27 January 2013

Seche Vite

As many of my fellow Canadians know, getting high quality name brand polish here is difficult enough, add the want to get it for less than $10 a bottle and it becomes pretty much impossible. So In each of my nail related posts I will describe where I got the polish, where to purchase the brand, cost, and which ones are good value.

I will first start off  by talking about which base coat and top coat I use. I only use Seche Vite, not only does it dry wet nail polish in 3-6 minutes depending on how thick the coats of nail polish is (no more waiting for wet nail polish to dry before putting on a top coat!!), but it also leaves your nails looking professionally done and super glossy. The Seche Vite base coat I use is the ridge filler so it looks milky. However, they do sell just a clear base coat. As for the top coat I just use the regular fast dry top coat. I have heard many bloggers talk about how the top coat sometimes causes shrinking (when your nail polish actually looks like it has shrunk on your nail), but I have yet to experience it *knocks on wood*. I always buy my Seche Vite at WINNERS, where it is usually only $7.99 a bottle (the cheapest I have found it in Canada so far). I have also seen Seche Vite at Sally's Beauty Supply here in Calgary, but I think it was more than $10 a bottle. Many beauty salons are also jumping on the Seche Vite wagon by supplying it in their shops, and there is always Ebay if you don't have access to any of the above locations. As you can see from the pictures below my top coat is well used.

Seche Vite
Seche Vite Base and Top Coat
One last note on Seche Vite, make sure you close it tightly when you're not using it and that you periodically clean the dried nail polish boogers from the the cap and neck of the bottle. If too much air gets into the nail polish it will get really thick and hard to use. If this does happen you can buy Seche Restore, which is a thinner that will bring your Seche Vite back to its original consistency, but it is much easier and cheaper to just make sure you are sealing it properly.

Thank-you for Reading!

- Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment