Sunday 27 January 2013

Nail Polish Stash/Collection (A Work of Art)

I used to store my nail polish in shoe boxes and Rubbermaid containers, but I always found myself taking all my polish out of the containers to find which one I needed. I wanted to be able to see all my polish right in front of me so I could find a brand or colour right away and also for inspiration on what nail art or colour to use next. So I decided to mix my crafty/artsy side with my love for nail polish by displaying my polish like art..........so...... VOILA!


Excuse the bows, we have already started decorating for Christmas and I decided to include my nail polish in the Christmas cheer. Anyways, I bought the "shelves" at Ikea (RIBBA picture ledge) and they are actually meant to hold pictures but they are perfect for nail polishes as they do not stick out very far from the wall. The ledges also come in different sizes too.

Currently on the shelves there are a total of 128 full size bottles of nail polish (not counting top and base coats) and 25 mini bottles. I'm pretty sure I have more polish than this, but sometimes my nail polish gets lent out to friends or rolls under the couch when I leave them on the table after doing my nails (damn cats!).

The brands are as follows:

  • 18 bottles of OPI
  • 14 bottles of China Glaze
  • 11 bottles of Sally Hansen (Xtreme wear Collection)
  • 11 bottles of Wet n Wild (Shine Collection)
  • 10 bottles of Orly
  • 9 bottles of Nicole by OPI
  • 6 bottles of Zoya
  • 5 bottles of Ulta3
  • 5 bottles of Sephora by OPI
  • 5 bottles of Wet n Wild (Fast Dry Collection)
  • 2 bottles of Nails Inc.
  • 2 bottles of Nubar
  • 2 bottles of Ozotic
  • 2 bottles of Picture Polish
  • 2 bottles of BYS
  • Mini set of Quo by Orly
  • Other Random polishes by LA Girl, Vernis Classique, Essie, Revlon, Tony Moly, Crows Toes, Sephora X, etc.
I know some of you are thinking, "This girls poor poor boyfriend, having to live with nail polish displayed in the house!" However, please rest assured that no boyfriend was harmed in the displaying of this nail polish. Seriously though, Ricky is okay with it as he has got his own man cave out of the deal, and I'm pretty sure he has completely mentally blocked the whole section of wall from his mind because I added a whole new ledge not long ago and he didn't even notice.

Thank-you for reading!!
-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment