Sunday 27 January 2013

Christmas Lights Nail Art Tutorial

These nails were done for my work Christmas party, I got the tutorial and inspiration from the Beauty Department blog. The only difference between their tutorial and mine, is that I used nail polish instead of the thread for the wire on the Christmas lights.

 Here is the finished product! I really like how they turned out!

 I first started off with two coats of Zoya Trixie, which I purchased on Ebay a couple of years ago. It is a gorgeous silver foil and it is by far the nail polish I use the most. I am seeing Zoya in more and more salons lately, but Trixie is usually already sold out by the time I see the display. 

 I then painted the wire for the Christmas lights using a skinny nail brush and Nail Inc's Black Taxi. I got Black Taxi from Sephora and it came in a special effects set with a flakie top coat, the set cost $24.99. Black Taxi is not the best black I have owned and you can save your dollars by buying a cheaper black nail polish. 

 I then used a smaller nail art brush and OPI's Wocka Wocka! to paint the red Christmas lights. I got Wocka Wocka! from Chatters for $10.00 and it is my favourite red I own.

 Lastly, I used the same nail art brush as before and China Glaze's Emerald Sparkle to paint on the green Christmas Lights. I got Emerald Sparkle from ebay for $5.00 including shipping and receiving, it was a awesome buy.

 Add two coats of top coat and there you go! Super cute Christmas Lights Nails!
Thank-you for reading!
- Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment