Sunday 27 January 2013

Sparkle Nail Polish Layering (China Glaze Skyscraper, China Glaze Snow Globe, and Wet n Wild Kaleidoscope)

During Christmas time one of my friends was debating what nail polish she was going to wear with her Christmas dress and was wanting to do a polish that sparkled like snow. This made me immediately think of China Glaze's Snow Globe and I decided to do a snowy manicure.

China Glaze Skyscraper
 China Glaze Skyscraper
I started off with two coats of China Glazes Skyscraper from their Metro collection in fall of 2011. This nail polish is one of my top 10 favourite polishes, it is a blue inky base loaded with silver sparkles. I usually do three coats of this polish to get it opaque, but since I was going to put other polishes on top of it I didn't bother with the third. I got my China Glaze Skyscraper as a stocking stuffer last Christmas, but you can still purchase it on ebay for around $7.00 with shipping, which is still cheaper than it would cost you for a China Glaze polish in a Canadian Salon or Sally's Beauty. 

Wet N Wild's Kaleidoscope
Wet N Wild's Kaleidoscope 
The second polish I used was one coat of Wet n Wild's Kaleidoscope from their Wild Shine collection, which I purchased on sale at Wal-mart for $1.00. I'm not sure they have this specific polish in the store anymore, but since it is a Holo glitter polish in a clear base with some small silver glitter in it, it wouldn't be hard to find another polish that is similar.   

 China Glaze Snow Globe
China Glaze Snow Globe
The last polish I used was two coats of China Glaze's Snow Globe, which was from their Let it Snow collection in Christmas of 2011. This was another stocking stuffer for Christmas last year and I know that it was bought at Chatters Hair Salon and came in a set with another Christmas polish. I don't think they have this polish in the stores anymore, but you can still get it on ebay for around $8.00.
I don't know how many of you know about the dry climate and dry snow in Alberta, but it is fine and powdery and sparkles like.....well....sparkles! My mani isn't really all that snowy, but I love how it turned out and now my friend Sarah will know what Snow Globe looks like.

Thank-you for reading!

- Kristen

1 comment: